What benefits can be found with an online drivers ed course?
Everything educational nowadays can be found in one way or another online, including an online drivers ed course. Theses programs can come in both the cheaper E-book form (This also may be offered free from your state registration) and fully integrated computer based training courses, of which both can be found in either an internet website or app form. What is key to know about an online drivers ed course is that the benefits can heavily outweigh those found with a commercial driving school. Take a look at our top 5 most beneficial reasons to pick an online training for yourself or child.
- Cost – The range of cost alone can be enough to convince many to go with an online drivers ed course. The average cost of a typical commercial driving school ranges from $300-$400, while the average cost for an online course is between $50-$150. The main reason for this large gap between methods are the liabilities absent from internet courses. The money a commercial school pays in insurance for their hands-on portion of the course is already payed for by a parent already insuring the family vehicle. Also the money needed to pay for an instructors time to teach in a classroom is already covered by the teaching process of an online drivers ed course.
- Accessibility – Time plays a huge role in the benefits of computer based training. Commercial driving schools require the student to show up at a certain place and time for about 2+ weeks, making it difficult for students and parents with a strict schedule to make to process comfortable. However, an online drivers ed course gives the student freedom to choose when and where they are able to log on and complete their nest portion of the course. 24/7 access puts your schedule in your own hands.
- Work at your own pace – The same as above with accessibility, freedom to work at your own pace is crucial. Just as students have different learning preferences, so to do they have different necessities in the amount of time needed to process the information. An online drivers ed course allows the student to bypass the pressures of keeping up with other students, or vice versa have to wait for other students before they can move on to the next lesson. By being able to work at your own pace, the student is able to find comfortability in their learning process.
- Comfortable environment – If a student feels comfortable with the environment they are learning in, they are able to focus more on the tasks at hand rather than the distractions of their surroundings (mostly other students). An online drivers ed course can provide the ultimate comfortable learning environment, their own home.
- Final test at home – States are finally taking steps towards shrinking your time at the DMV. The most impactful step taken recently by some states is allowing approved courses to provide the final test at home. Not only does this shorten your time at the DMV, but it also provides the same benefits of reasons 1-4 in the students actual testing environment.