Are you currently looking for your first car? Are you perhaps buying a car for your teenage child? Or maybe you’re just looking to stay young and want something new for yourself? Well, this list may be really useful for you! Take a look at our list of best new vehicles for young drivers. We promise you that these vehicles on the list won’t bust your budget. Surprisingly, they all have high marks for safety and reliability, as well.
- Nissan Rogue: Recently redesigned, Nissan’s best-selling crossover can seat up to 7; the interior is comfortable and spacious. Most importantly, it is VERY fuel efficient at 26+ MPG. Kelly Blue Book’s fair purchase price for the Nissan Rogue is at roughly $22,000.
- Mitsubishi Outlander Sport: Mitsubishi’s small SUV has scored high for reliability for years. Moreover, it is fun to drive; it seats five comfortably and has copious cargo space — 22 cubic feet behind the second row and up to nearly 50 if you decide to put the rear seats down. The fuel efficiency for Outlander is at 24+ MPG, and the KBB fair purchase price is around 20k.
- Mazda CX-5: You’re probably wondering why we’re just ranking the SUVs high, right? Well, we’re not; while the CX-5 provides the view of an SUV, it actually drives like a sport sedan. The base model has class-leading highway mileage of 35 MPG. The fair retail price for CX-5 is around 24k according to KBB.
- Kia Optima: The 2014 Kia Optima not only looks cool, but the car also provides for all your young driver’s needs: It has a powerful yet fuel efficient engine, and Bluetooth and USB are standard! The car runs at about 23+ MPG, slightly lower than the above 3, but still not a bad rate. KBB’s fair purchase price is at 20k.
- Chevrolet Spark: Chevy’s first mini-car might be small, but it’s packed with features. Ten airbags come standard, including knee airbags for front passengers and side airbags for the rear seats. Better yet, the Siri Eyes Free mode lets iPhone users listen to and compose texts, select songs from iTunes and make calls via voice command; how cool is that!?
Choosing the Right Vehicle
Have you made up your mind yet? If not, go take a test drive with the vehicles mentioned above. Maybe that will help you with the tough decision of choosing the right vehicle! Good luck and happy car shopping!