We all love buying cars that are spacious and easy to drive; these cars always seem to sell well, and they seem to be appearing on the “Top 10 Rated Cars” list every single year! Ironically, there’s a list for the “Top 10 Most Stolen Cars” every year as well, and the list usually shares a lot of cars with the list of top 10 rated cars. Here’s the list of the top 10 most stolen cars of 2012:
- Honda Accord: 85,596 units stolen.
- Honda Civic: 47,037 units stolen.
- Ford pickup (full-size): 26,770 units stolen.
- Chevrolet pickup (full-size): 23,745 units stolen.
- Toyota Camry: 16,251 units stolen.
- Dodge Caravan: 11,799 units stolen.
- Dodge pickup (full-size): 11,755 units stolen.
- Acura Integra: 9,555 units stolen.
- Nissan Altima: 9,169 units stolen.
- Nissan Maxima: 6,947 units stolen.
Did You Find Your Car on the List?
If you happened to find you vehicle on the list, don’t worry too much about it. Just think of it this way: all these cars are top selling cars, which mean that there are more of them on the road than any other model. Therefore, they’re more likely to be stolen! Furthermore, whether your car is on this list or not, you should always be extra careful! Lock your car every time you leave, not matter how short your leave is going to be. Also, always remember to put anything that’s valuable into the trunk so that no one else knows that these items are in your vehicle. After all, you don’t want to give someone a reason for breaking into your car. Again, there’s no such thing as being “too careful.” The more you care now, the less you will have to spend later. Protect yourself and protect your car.