If you’ve lost your Texas learners permit, had it stolen, or accidentally destroyed it or damaged it beyond repair, we can give you the information you need to replace it. In fact, there’s no need to worry – replacing a lost learner’s permit is quick and easy if you know what’s required of you. Do you?
If not, let us help you replace your learners permit! Applying for a learner’s permit replacement (or duplicate) is easy. So stop worrying and start acting! See the steps below to get started – you’ll have your replacement before you know it!
Replacing Your Texas Learners Permit
You can replace your lost Texas learners permit in just a few simple steps. Follow the guidelines outlined below to complete your duplicate learner’s permit application:
- Visit a Texas DPS driver license office
- Bring a completed permit replacement application (available online as a PDF document)
- Pay the required replacement fee of $11 (your permit expiration date will not be updated)
- Provide proof of identity (valid passports are accepted or you can submit a birth certificate along with a social security card and W-2 or 1099 form)
- Confirm personal information
If you’re not a U.S. citizen but are a lawful resident, you can apply for a permit duplicate as well. When you visit the DPS office, bring proof of lawful presence in the United States. Accepted lawful presence documents include U.S. resident passports (these differ from citizen passports), permanent resident cards, foreign passports with appropriate immigration visas, and accepted refugee travel documents.
Replace Your Permit Today!
What are you waiting for? You have all of the information that you need to replace your Texas learners permit – so get started! Simply download the application online, fill it out, and bring it in to your nearest Texas DPS driver license office.